Make it easier to get the results you want.
Leaders must not only think big, but also execute their vision and strategy all the way through to completion, with and through others. When leaders execute strategy, they move from thinking success comes from the strategy to knowing that enduring success is in the systems.
A system is a process, method or set of procedures for achieving something. A great system is aligned to achieve what’s most important and makes it easier to get work done. Effective systems operate independently of the leader and endure beyond them.
Leaders execute strategy by aligning the Six Rights and implementing the 4 Disciplines of Execution®.
The Six Rights
- Right People: Do we have the right people, with the right skills, doing the right work?
- Right Structure: Do we have the right roles and responsibilities in place?
- Right Rewards: Are people compensated, recognised and rewarded in the right way?
- Right Resources: Do we have the right tools, budget, technology, time and other resources?
- Right Decisions: Are the right decisions being made by the people closest to the work?
- Right Processes: Are the core work processes aligned to support the strategy in the right way?
The real problem isn’t executing your goals, it’s executing your goals in the midst of the whirlwind.
Adapt to Change: 5 Self-Coaching Questions
Use this guide to help your leaders identify their current approach to change and adopt a productive mindset.
Register for an Event
Engage Teams for High Performance Webcast
Learn how The 4 Essential Roles of Leadership® can help your organisation develop leadership potential and improve performance.
The 4 Essential Roles of Leadership®
Trust starts with a leader’s own character and competence – the credibility that allows leaders to intentionally build a culture of trust.
Effective leaders create a shared vision and strategy, and communicate it so powerfully that others join them on the journey.
Leaders must not only think big, but also execute their vision and strategy all the way through to completion, with and through others.
Effective leaders develop the leadership potential in others and improve performance through consistent feedback and coaching.